Orihuela Costa (+34) 645 652 688
Local Tariff (From UK) 02037347116

Want us to call you?

We call you!, Give us your tel. number.


November 2016

Ask the Administrator: Air con unit

Hello.  My community is not giving me authorization to have an air con unit installed because it would damage the aesthetics of the premises.  However, the place where I live, the summers are extremely hot and I cannot stand it.  What can I do?

Pascual L.

Administrator:  Juan López

The installation of air conditioning units may affect the aesthetics of the building and also alter it.  So far, you need the permit of the community agreed by the owners in general meeting, otherwise, you cannot do it.

Ask the Administrator: House with debt from previous owner

Good morning.  I have bought a site to settle my business.  The community is requesting me to pay the debt that the previous owner left, but I did not know that and now I presume that I will have to pay.  Is that right?

 Cris K.

Administrator: Agustín Pascual de Riquelme

After the modification in the Horizontal Property Law made in June 2013, the new owner is responsible of the debt that the property owes to the community corresponding to the last three years before the purchase (previously, the responsibility was for the previous year and the current one). The property is the reference so if you don´t pay, the community may take actions against your site.  For that reason, before buying a property, it is very important to require a certificate issued by the administrator confirming what the situation of the property is regardless the community fees.  Firstly, I recommend you to pay the debt and secondly to claim it to the previous owner with the relevant legal actions as he omitted important information that if you had known, your decision might have been different