Orihuela Costa (+34) 645 652 688
Local Tariff (From UK) 02037347116

Want us to call you?

We call you!, Give us your tel. number.


Ask us

Professional Advice

Foro seguro de comunidades: robo con daños

Louise K.

Hi, I live in an apartment (building) and I have a private home insurance. The other day, I had a break in and they damaged the front door of my apartment and stole various objects.

I contacted my insurance and they told me that I will be compensated for the stolen items, but they will only pay half of the door because the other half should be paid from the Community. They have their own insurance, but I do not know if this is correct or what I have to do.

Thanks for your help.

Moderator, Sergio Sanguino

Dear Louise,

In fact, this is what we call Concurrent Insurance. That is, two or more policies covering the same exposure, such as the front door of your apartment, which is part of your private Home, but also a shared part of the Community.

Therefore, the insurance provider is right by saying that the home must also be compensated from its community insurance, but not 50%, but the corresponding percentage that should negotiate the assessors of both companies.

In a practical sense, you have to claim on the Insurance of your Community so they can send you an assessor and to provide him with the name and telephone number of the assessor who carried out your Home Insurance claim. Then they can get to an agreement on how they will pay the replacement of the door. It is a generalized rule that the Insurance Company which has to pay the higher compensation will pay everything to the client and then reclaim its part to the other Company. So you will only receive one payment from one Company. If not, each Company will have to compensate you separately.

Kind regards.

Deja un comentario

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *