Orihuela Costa (+34) 965 32 09 08
Local Tariff (From UK) 02037347116

Want us to call you?

We call you!, Give us your tel. number.



Professional Advice

Foro Seguro de Hogar: Rotura de llave de paso

Leslie D.


I am a customer of Mutua General de Seguros. Anyway, last 11/10/2014 I had to close the general stopcock of the water within the home under the kitchen sink. When I opened again the stopcock it got broken and staying with the key in my hand.

Today 13/10/2014 I claimed against my insurance to know whether this type of damage is covered and to my surprise they told me that it is not. They cover a broken pipe but not a broken stopcock.

My question is, is this possible? a stopcock is not within the fixed housing facilities?

Thank you very much for your time and I rely on your recommendation on how to proceed in this case.

Kind regards.

Moderator, Sergio Sanguino

Hello Leslie D.

Home insurance warranty on your policy will cover you for water damage caused to the property insured for accidental spills or leaks from fixtures, appliances.

Therefore, in the absence of water damage the breakage of the stopcock is not covered.

Furthermore, in the section of excluded risks you will always find the exclusion of repair or adjustment of faucets, taps, radiators, and in general any element connected to a fixed installation.

You should check the documentation of your policy, in the General conditions, where it is collected the information we are providing so you can check if this is your case.

Kind regards.