Orihuela Costa (+34) 965 32 09 08
Local Tariff (From UK) 02037347116

Want us to call you?

We call you!, Give us your tel. number.



Professional Advice

Foro seguro de hogar: Responsabilidad Civil de daños por agua al inquilino

Marius K,

I am renting out a property (I am the owner).

I had an incidence of water damage because the inner tank heater, apparently got broken by excessive pressure of the incoming water into the house (It was fixed by putting a pressure reducer)

The thing is that the bursting of the inner tank heater made water came out (I have it on the line) with the bad luck that some electric guitars below got wet (property of the tenant) should my insurance cover the guitars of the tenant?

Many thanks

Moderator, Sergio Sanguino

Dear Marius,

It is indeed a case of Third Party Liability of water damage produced to the tenant but in the policies there are cases in which such claims are not covered.

Therefore we must see what your policy indicates about this, because it is not standard for all companies, but depends on the policies and general terms contracted.

Generally, they cover such damage, for example, Mapfre regulates by a special clause in the policies that the items of your lessee are covered. In RGA the coverage it is given to such damage without specifying anything else etc.

In short, being most likely the cover this Third Party Liability (for damage caused by your house to the property of a third party) please make sure your home insurance policy does not explicitly exclude it, otherwise the claim would be understood covered.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards.

Deja un comentario

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *