Orihuela Costa (+34) 645 652 688
Local Tariff (From UK) 02037347116

Want us to call you?

We call you!, Give us your tel. number.


Ask us

Professional Advice

Foro seguro de hogar: robo de bienes de uso profesional

Steven M.

I have a home insured with the company Mapfre and the other day I suffered a robbery of objects (TV, music equipment) jewelry and various tools for professional use, because I am a carpenter and I keep in my house some of the tools I use in my work, and they are of high value.

The Insurance CO. did not compensated me for the total amount requested on the claim, as they indicated that theft of professional belongings is not covered at 100%

Can they do that?

 Moderator, Sergio Sanguino

Dear Steven,

You should look at the general terms of your policy regarding the goods for professional use. This is not the same for all companies, as some will differentiate between these goods and the rest of the content, and in that case should be totally covered. Other exclude them directly, so you do not get compensated for anything and finally some companies set a limit for these objects.

Mapfre establishes that professional belongings are insured up to 25% of the sum insured for furniture, so if the amount of goods that have been stolen exceeds that amount the Insurance Co. has only the obligation to indemnify you to the same.

 Kind regards.

Deja un comentario

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *