Orihuela Costa (+34) 645 652 688
Local Tariff (From UK) 02037347116

Want us to call you?

We call you!, Give us your tel. number.


Archives admin

Pregunta al Administrador de Fincas: Deberíamos tener socorrista

Hello. I was recently appointed president of the community where I live.Now I have the following question.  We have an outside pool small enough to avoid that according to the law we should have a life guard.We also have an inside pool also small enough to have a life guard.however ,they can be used in the same time in the summer . (in the summer outside pool is open and inside pool also,although not heated) So my question is : what exactly does the law says about this and who is responsable should anything happen.

Jos J.


Administrator:  Juan López

Good morning.  This issue makes reference to art. 265 of the decree 143/2015 of the Community of Valencia.   According with the explanation, there is one communities with two swimmingpools.  One is open and the second one is covered.

The swimmingpool as it was desgined on the plans submitted for the development is as the picture bellow shows.   18,00 * 11  198 m2 of lamine.  This is just under the legal limit in Valencia for the obligation of hiring the services of a lifeguard.    So, in this case, the community is not obliged.

You confirm that both swimmingpools are open in the summer, but only the open one gots a lifeguard. piscinaforo

Providing the plans, the  community is not obliged to hire the services of a lifeguard.  However, this can be decided at the AGM that your community hold every year in May.


Regarding the size, it is not a reason neither.      As the maintenance is afforded with the communities fees, this is not an example of acess by payment .


With the regards to your last question, in case of an accident, the public liability of the community would respond.






Pregunta al Administrador de Fincas: Mejoras del ascensor obligados por la normativa

Good afternoon.  I am the president of my community.  We need to sort some works in the lifts because the ruling obliges the community.  Shall I call to a meeting to vote for this?

 Clara H.

Administrator:  Juan López

When the works are obliged because the laws request it, the community doesn´t need a meeting before.  But if the works are improvements, not impossed by the laws, you should call to a general meeting first to vote the agreement.  .approved-29149__180

Pregunta al Administrador de Fincas: Actividades ruidosas

Hello.  The apartment above is rented by two women who have settled their dressmaking worshop there.  I understand that this is their job.  However, I cannot stand the noise coming from the equipments.  I don´t know what to do and which laws can help me.  Thank you. 

Alonso G.

Administrator:  Juan López

Firstly, it is in art. 7 of the Horizontal Propiertors Law that the activities developed in the apartments disrupting to the others neighbours, nevermind if the person is the owner or just a resident, this is not allowed.   You should go to the president so he notifies the dressmakers encouraging themto stop the activity.  If they ignore the notification, and you are supported by the other neighbours, the community need to initiate legal actions, represented by the president.  If you don´t got the support that you need, you can take legal actions individually through the civil code as your neighbour is causing you inconveniences.